Wednesday 19 January 2011

Fiona Kelly Photography

Our Wedding Wednesday blog this week featured Fiona Kelly Photography a London based wedding photographer offering contemporary, friendly and relaxed reportage photography, using available light and only a little direction
Being creative has always been a major part of my life and a love of photography developed from that during school. My dad was an amateur photographer in his youth so I was always around someone with an SLR camera. I studied photography with both my A Level art & graphic design degree courses and did evening courses at the same time to learn more.

A great part of my working life was as a photographic art director for big high street fashion and lifestyle brands, and my photography was always alongside as a personal passion. I finally decided to venture into wedding photography professionally in 2007 after being asked to shoot a number of friends weddings. I slowly realised that I really enjoyed doing it and was getting some great feedback! It seemed the logical step to take it to the next level. I knew my love of photography and my background in art direction held me in good stead to not only be able to cope with the challenges of a wedding day but to create some beautiful, contemporary and interesting images at the same time.

I really wanted to go down the route of doing something fresh and modern and my natural style of reportage & candid photography has taken that on. I love to let the day unfold in front of me and allow the special moments to just appear. I am very good at being discrete and hiding in small corners so no one is aware that I am actually taking pictures! When shooting the groups and couples portraits I like to keep them informal and always have a bit of fun. This way they dont take too much time and aren't seen as a chore.

                         

I have always been a people person and working with so many different couples to capture the story of their wedding day is such a pleasure. I really enjoy taking the time to get to know each couple in the run up, so by the actual wedding day we have a great rapport and feel like much more than just the photographer. As someone who is fairly recently married I totally understand the craziness of the wedding day and how important it is to be you and do things your way, not to mention finding a photographer you can trust that you get on with. I love to go along with all of that so your photos are all about who you are.

When it comes to photography packages my main motto is flexibility. A wedding is individual to the couple and as such what is right for one is not necessarily right for another. I always like to work with each couple so what they get is tailored to their requirements and the coverage they want. Of course, there are always a number set packages too! Although budget is often key, I still think that your wedding photography is all about investing in something that will last forever, your photography is for keeps. With this in mind I offer photographic vouchers that can be bought by guests and used towards the cost of the photography or an album, what better gift could you get!

My business is friendly, personal and professional. I am based in London, work all over the South East of England and will happily travel throughout the UK or further afield.

I am planning on a new photography venture for 2011 and branching out into family and kids portraits. I have recently had a lovely little boy and having had so much fun taking photos of him I finally feel I have the understanding, knowledge and nerve to start taking photos of children!

Always happy to chat, give me a call if you are interested in anything you have read or seen.

You can contact me, Fiona, in the following ways
Email: fiona@fionasweddingphotography.co.uk
Tel: 07879455932
Web: www.fionasweddingphotography.co.uk
                                      Twitter: www.twitter.com/fionakellyphoto

No comments:

Post a Comment