Friday 7 January 2011

CIA Photography

Our Follow Friday blog this week featured CIA Photography which is owned by Colin Allison and is based in Dumbarton near Glasgow, Scotland where he offers traditional photography with a modern twist. Thanks to Colin who set us some of his fantastic photos to be used in this blog.


My name is Colin Allison and I've been involved in wedding photography since I was a teenager. My father has always been a hobbyist photographer so I developed my interest from him. I was inspired to move into wedding photography not only by shadowing fellow photographers but by following the work of many well known photographers out there and I also worked for Polaroid. We particularly like the work of David Ho.

When I worked at Polaroid I was given the opportunity to use the wonderful 20 x 24 Wisner Instant Camera which is one of the largest format cameras currently in common usage and weighs 235 pounds( 106 kg) sitting on a wheeled-chassis. The results cannot be compared to anything else and each print truly is a unique work of art. A lot of Andy Warhol prints were part of it.

This experience of working in the photographic industry and alongside fellow photographers inspired me to put this to good use when I created CIA photography in 2004. I have grown from photographing friends and family weddings to photographing not only weddings but portraits, commercial work, boudoir and celebrities. We have bookings right up to 2013. We also have a graphic designer who offers unique wedding invitations.

Our slogan is “traditional photography with a modern twist”. We aim to capture all the traditional shots, while at the same time capturing spontaneous moments and ensuring the bridal party relax and enjoy the day without their photography being a chore. We are very flexible to the needs of our couples.

I have had my photographs featured in television adverts and I have photographed several celebrities. However, the main thing is that I get a sense of achievement every time I deliver an album to a couple, or portraits to a family, also when I receive a review on Facebook or a thank you letter/card. I have quite a collection of them and that's all that really matters to me is that I am making my clients happy!

I hope to expand what we offer our customers. I currently offer wedding photography, portraits and commercial photography. We have begun to offer boudoir as “CIA Confidential” and hope to grow this. We are getting lots of requests for pre wedding shoots and this is also an area we hope to develop. We are also hoping to move into new premises which will offer more room in which to undertake portraits for example.

Prospective customers can visit our website for examples of our work, our current price list as well as our contact details.
We can also be found on Facebook: CIA Photography
on Twitter: @cia_photography
Our email address is info@ciaphotography.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment